For COVID-19 Division of Behavioral Health Updates click on picture above or click here.
The Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) is responsible for assuring the availability of substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery support services for the State of Missouri. Individuals and families requiring substance use or behavioral health services can find the help they need.
If you would like more information, please call us at (573) 751-4942 or (800) 575-7480 or you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wellness and Mental Health - SAMHSA Programs
- The National Dialogue on Mental Health
- The Prevention of Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Understanding Mental Illness
- Mental Health First Aid - Missouri website
- Promoting Recovery
- 10 Fundamental Components of Recovery
- Illness Management and Recovery Toolkit
- Wellness Strategies - SAMHSA's Health Literacy website
- Recovering Your Mental Health - A Self-Help Guide
- Building Self-esteem - A Self-Help Guide
- Making and Keeping Friends - A Self-Help Guide
- Dealing with the Effects of Trauma - A Self-Help Guide
- Recovery and Wellness Lifestyle - A Self-Help Guide
- Speaking Out for Yourself - A Self-Help Guide
- Action Planning for Prevention and Recovery
- Wellness Recovery Action Planning - an introduction
- Copeland Center for Wellness and Recovery - link to Mary Ellen Copeland's website
- Peer Wellness Coaching
- Journaling - A Wellness Tool - Created by John Garafano, Jr. and Clare Celano - January 2011
- Winter Wellness Plan toolkit developed by CSP-NJ Institute for Wellness and Recovery Initiatives – John Garafano, BS, CPRP, CFT , Jay Yudof, MS, CPRP & Peggy Swarbrick, PhD, OT, CPRP - December 2010
- Missouri Plan for Living Tobacco Free
- Links for Consumers & Families
Alzheimers.net If you know someone with Alzheimer's disease or have been diagnosed yourself, this is your community. This website grew out of the need to have a social network that will be a respite, a resource and a way to connect with others who share a common bond. Get authoritative, up-to-date resources and advice from professionals with expertise about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
American Psychological Association has a Consumer Help Center site which provides brochures, fact sheets and an online psychologist referral service for persons affected by mental disorders, their families and others who care about them.
American Self-Help Group Clearinghouse is a Self-Help Sourcebook OnLine! Database of over 1200 national/model self-help support groups, local self-help group clearinghouses worldwide, group research summaries, and how-to's on starting groups.
College Guide For Students With Psychiatric Disabilities - Our goal is to provide a comprehensive resource for college-bound high school seniors and currently enrolled postsecondary students who struggle with mental illness.
DBSA (Depressive and Bipolar Support Alliance) serves people living with all kinds of mental illnesses, including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, and other illnesses.
Depressed Anonymous is a 12 step program of recovery for persons with depression.
Depressionforums.org offers a platform for open peer discussion on the Internet for members in an atmosphere that is both supportive and informative. Participants discuss their experiences with depressive illnesses, other mental health issues, treatment options, and related topics.
Healing Touch: A Self-Injury Website offers resources for people who self-injure.
Helpguide.org is a site that provides information on substance abuse and mental health issues related to addiction, such as depression and anxiety.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) NAMI is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raise awareness and build a community for hope for all of those in need.
National Anxiety Foundation provides information on anxiety disorders for professionals and the general public. An international directory of anxiety health care professionals is also available on this site.
Panic Survivor: This online community provides a forum for people who have been through trauma to tell their stories.
The Procovery Institute website is a clearinghouse of Procovery information, resources and ideas for building hope, healing and life for persons with mental illness.
Senior Life Solutions™ is an intensive outpatient behavioral health program, primarily for adults age 65 and over. Services include psychiatric evaluation, group therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, medication education, psychiatric medication management, and resource development. Senior Life Solutions locations.
Strength of Us Developed by young adults, this user-driven social networking community allows young adults to connect with their peers and share personal stories, creativity and helpful resources by writing and responding to blog entries, engaging in discussion groups, posting status updates on “The Wire” and sharing videos, photos and other news. Strengthofus.org offers a variety of resources on issues important to young adults, including healthy relationships, family and friends, independent living, campus life, employment, mental health issues and much more.
- Mental Health Fact Sheets
Mental Illness Facts
- Anxiety - fact sheet
- NAMI information on anxiety
- Mental Health America information on anxiety
- National Institute of Mental Health on anxiety
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD):
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - fact sheet
- NAMI information on ADHD
- Mental Health America information on ADHD and kids
- National Institute of Mental Health on ADHD
- Bipolar Disorder - fact sheet
- NAMI information on Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Health America information on Bipolar Disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health on Bipolar Disorder
Childhood Mental Illness:
- Childhood Mental Illness - fact sheet
- Mental Health America on Children's Mental Health
- National Institute of Mental Health on Children's Mental Health
- Youth, Psychosis, and System of Care
Co-Occurring Disorders in Adults:
- Co-Occurring Disorders In Adults - fact sheet
- NAMI information on Dual Diagnosis
- Mental Health America on Co-occurring Disorders
- Depression - fact sheet
- NAMI information on Depression
- Mental Health America on Depression
- National Institute of Mental Health on Depression
Depression and Older Adults:
- Depression and Older Adults - fact sheet
- Mental Health America on Depression and Older Adults
- Mental Health America and more information on Depression in Older Adults
- National Institute of Mental Health on Depression in Older Adults
- Eating Disorders - fact sheet
- NAMI information on Eating Disorders
- Mental Health America on Eating Disorders
- National Institute of Mental Health on Eating Disorders
Maintaining Good Mental Health:
- Schizophrenia - fact sheet
- NAMI information on Schizophrenia
- Mental Health America on Schizophrenia
- National Institute of Mental Health on Schizophrenia
- Women's Depression - fact sheet
Additional Information available
- Substance Use Fact Sheets
- Risks of College Drinking
- Consequences of Underage Drinking
- Underage Drinking in Missouri
- Alcoholism: Family History
- Drinking and Your Pregnancy
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Cough, Prescription and Over the Counter Misuse
- Cough Medicine Abuse
- Prescription Medicine Abuse
- Prescription Pain and other Medications
- Preventing Teen Abuse of Prescription and Over the Counter
- "Getting High on Prescription and Over-The-Counter Drugs is Dangerous" Guide
- Crack and Cocaine
- Drug Use and HIV
- Drugged Driving
- Understanding Drug Use and Addiction
- Commonly Abused Drugs
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Drug Abuse
- The Science of Addiction
- Easy To Read Drug Facts
- Preventing Drug Use
- Treatment Approaches
- Treatment Approaches for Criminal Justice Populations