The Office of Public Affairs disseminates information to the public concerning the department's behavioral health and developmental disabilities programs and services. The office helps promote the people, programs, and services of the department through publications, broadcast and print media as well as social media. The Office of Public Affairs also provides support services, technical assistance, and training to the department's divisions, offices, and facilities.
The office also works with the Governor’s Office, state and local officials, stakeholders, other state departments, the Mental Health Commission, and the general public to advocate for sound public policies relating to mental health services.
Special Topics and Papers
- Northwest Habilitation Services Task Force Final Report and Recommendations
- Mortality Report
- No Butts About It: A Survey of Tobacco Use by Mental Health Consumers
- Quest for a Cure: Care and Treatment in Missouri's First State Mental Health Hospital
- Trauma Initiative
- Supporting Joplin in Recovery
- Stories of Healing Joplin